Re: Compiling perl 5.004_04 for sparc/slink

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Joel Klecker wrote:

> At 23:21 +0000 1999-01-26, Jules Bean wrote:
> >I also need the DB_File extension to work. Unfortunately, Perl won't build
> >the DB_File extension against Berkeley DB version 2, only Berkeley DB
> >version 1 - and AFAICS, we don't have a libc6 dev-package of Berkeley DB
> >version 1.
>
> /usr/include/db1 and /lib/libdb1.so.2

Thanks.

Christian suggested I hack the perl configure stuff to use the db_185.h
header file.

Can you comment on the differences between db_185.h and
/usr/include/db1/db.h?  They are certainly very different...

What do you use to compile perl for powerpc?

Jules