Re: pb with silo & cdrom

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> >   I'm trying to build a bootable CDROM with silo with no success.
> >
> > I can boot the kernel from the CD but I get the following error while loading
> > an initial ramdisk:
> >
> >   Image too large to fit in destination
> >
> >   Internal error while loading physical blocks from device
> >
> > I thought it was due to the compressed ramdisk, therefore I uncompressed it
> > then rewrote the CD (hopefully I used a CDRW medium ;-) ), but it always fails
> > to load the ramdisk :-((
> >
> > What is wrong with my configuration ?
>
> I think this is fixed in current SILO, or even some versions ago.

Well, I got silo 0.8.5 from ultrapenguin dist.
Now I get the following error:

  Read error on block 513676
  Internal error while loading physical blocks from device

I checked the CD medium: it does not contains any error.
The CD is 257361 2K-sectors long (ie. 514722 blocks if I suppose a block size
of 1024, right ?).

What's wrong now ?
I tried a compressed ramdisk.  Do I need to uncompress it before putting it on
the CD ?
Do the files being read by silo have to reside at the beginning of the disk ?

Thanks in advance.