Re: Native Netscape runs on Debian-sparc (And glibc patches)

Christian Meder <meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> Sorry for the late answer. I had a pretty busy week.

Sorry for jumping the gun on releasing glibc...

> > Christian, are you planning on upgrading the Debian sparc distribution
> > to glibc-2.1_2.0.105 anytime soon?  If so I have an essential patch
> > for you.

> I planned to update glibc but my experiences with glibc2.1 taught me
> to be careful about it. Anyway you are not stepping on my toes by
> doing an NMU. Remember just be careful and double check it ;-)

I'm rebuilding with patch-sigaction.  I noticed that "patch-ldso" is
also not enabled.  Do you have any way to test if we still need it
(it's a fairly ugly hack - it ifdef's out some code because "__getcwd
Segfaults on 2.0.35").

I restarted the build with the patch-ldso included.  I saw nothing in
the glibc changelog about getcwd, so I assumed that it is still
needed. Do you have any more details on this problem?

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu