Re: The time has come ...

> > I can even tell you why that is.  It's because you don't have permissions
> > for /dev/fb* .Try running constype as a normal user, and then try as
> > root.
>
> Was it possible with the old X packages to startx as normal user ?

I recall there being problems with using startx as a normal user, though I think I fixed it, and I am using startx as a normal user (I'm still on the old packages). It may be that I chmod:ed my /dev/fb0 though (I'll check when I get home).

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87