Re: MTA on debian/slink/sparc

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr wrote:

> Nagy Attila writes:
>
>  > I've just installed a debian slink from ftp on my sparcstation5.
>  > It looks like everything works, except the mail transfer agent (:()
>  > I tried smail, but got bus error.
>  > Next i tried sendmail, got error loading shared library undefined db_open
>  > Exim doesn't exist :-O so i compiled one.
>  > No, it not compiles (undefined db_open)...
>  > What can i do?
>  > (smail from sources still got bus error:()
>
> Well I got this problem and I have posted a long time ago, but never
> got a solution.
> Just to remind the sparc-debian developpers, there are still a lot of
> problems with the spresent distribution.

*grin*

I know.

The problem is, there aren't very many of us, and we don't have much spare
time...

It looks like the problem you're having with both sendmail and exim is
lack of db support.  Try installing the packages libdb2 and libdb2-dev.
(This should enable you to run them and compile them).

It looks to me like a bug that exim (and possibly sendmail too) do not
depend on libdb, but I could be missing something.

Jules