Re: IPC Problems

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Kevin Fowler wrote:

> The problem I am having is an "Unimplemented SPARC system call 103" and
> "Unimplemented SPARC system call 119" error.  They both appear one right
> after the other several times at boot up and anytime I log in or run a
> program.  I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these errors.
>    I am almost positive it is one of the Debian packages causing it and
> not the kernel.  I installed the base install via floppy's.  It does not

Well, some package *causes* it, but the kernel is of course in the end
responsible for handling system calls, and exports several things which
are just handlers which print such messages; These are only for things
which are SunOS system calls which are not implemented in linux, and the
fix is to either export the system call to linux where it is not sunos
specific, or to cause the printk not to happen for others. Newer (in CVS
but not yet available as a snapshot) kernels have this fix. Time has been
scarse since classes started but i will try to get to this by next weekend
(since this I will be away both days, an hour away Saturday and further
Sunday)

-D