Re: X *STILL* broken?

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> We're going to need more of a bug report than that, I'm afraid.

I've reported some more details before (regarding the problems.)

> X works fine for me (SS2/2.0.35/up-to-date slink).  It also, I believe,
> works well for the X maintainer, Anders.  What systems were you using?
> Kernel version?  Libc version?

PROMLIB: Sun Boot Prom Version 3 Revision 2
ARCH: SUN4M
TYPE: SPARCstation 5
Ethernet address: 8:0:20:23:2:cf
Found 1 CPU prom device tree node(s).
IOMMU: impl 0 vers 4 page table at f0280000 of size 262144 bytes
sbus0: Clock 23.1333 MHz
dma0: Revision 2
dma1: Revision 2
cgsix0 at 0x50000000 TEC Rev 4 CPU sparc Rev b
Console: 16 point font, 864 scans
Console: colour SUN 128x54, 1 virtual console (max 63)

The system is no longer running Debian since we must have it
operatinal by the start of the fall semester.  It was running the
latest software from slink, so whatever libc is there is what we've
got.  This problem has been present for some time.  We've tried all
the latest X packages.

FWIW, Jonny (sp?) Ingram ("netgod" on IRC) has confirmed that he has
experienced similar problems with Debian-Sparc.  Also, after we
installed RedHat on this system, it worked fine.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org