X *STILL* broken?

Is anybody doing anything about our X?  It still crashes routinely.
xdm is largely unusable.  When started with startx, it can still crash
after awhile and sometimes bring the system down with it.

This has forced us to switch to RedHat on our Sparc machines.
Needless to say, I am very disappointed with that decision, but it is
correct -- our faculty do not want their machines to hang with a
frequency greater than you find on Microsoft.

Why does X under RedHat-Sparc work flawlessly while X under
Debian-Sparc barely works at all?  Is somebody going to do something
about it?  Please?

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |