RE: A question

Well, I am not entirely sure what you are asking, but here is what I did.

You are either asking, how to install a completely diskless Sparc
workstation via NFS etc? or you are asking how to install to a Sparc with a
hard disk via NFS  ro something like that :)

To install to hard disk via NFS I followed the instructions for the TFTP
Booting idea,  and set it all up on my Slak 3.3 box.
The instructions say to use RARP, but never mentioned to also do ARP, which
had me wondering why it wouldn't work for a few minutes. Once the Sparc had
booted and was I was starting my way thru the install menu, I swapped to
another console, logged in, and did the usual  ifconfig   and   route  to
configure the ipaddress and routes for the system.
>From there I just mounted the hamm Sparc stuff ready for install, and chose
already mounted partition from the menu and away it went.

Setting up a diskless Sparc to boot and do the root file system via NFS
thing I have done before, but I wouldn't want to do it again. I would hope
there is some easy to unpack filesystem with a configure script of some
sort to help someone install multiple filesystems easily :)
Let me know if you find one ... if thats what you are meaning :)