Re: Ack! tftpboot.img - Whats the point?

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 sjc@delphi.com wrote:

> Ok...I am trying to install on an "effectivly diskless" Sun IPC...
> as I said in an earlier message...I got it to boot with tftpboot.img.
>
> I am very happy about this but...it is kind of useless to boot
> with tftpboot and then use floppies to install the kernel mods,
> base ssyetm, etc.

This should almost certainly be better documented, you're right.

When the install programs suggests that the next step is 'install device
driver modules' or whatever, you ignore it, and instead choose 'configure
the network'.  Then, when you go back to the install options, since you
have configured the network, if will offer nfs as an option.

Jules