Almost ready to install

Ok I am comming very close to being ready to innstall on my IPC.
It is ina  temporary spot (it will have to move ina  few days when one
of my familly members complains about where I put it...but it is out of the
way enough for a few days ;) ) so the clock is ticking until
it leaves the network again (not permanantly...just until I move out Sep 1)

anyway...

can someone either describe or point me to a good resource for
how to setup my i386 machine to serve the tftpboot image and get my
sparc to like it? (also need to setup bootp for it I think)
What is the magic dd line (I forgot) for padding the tftpboot.img to
make sure the sparc likes it more? (also...is there any reaosn why the
padded version hasn't just been uploaded? It would probably make life
easier for everyone).

I am not sure how the uploading of bootdisks and that tftpboot.img works...
I would assume that it is not the same as uploading a package...since
it is really not a deb file...so whoever does have rights to
do it maybe should think about it ;)

ok...back to my system (tho if you can't tell from those comments
above I am anxious to compile my package for sparc and help porting
others :) )

Any advice on how to partition? since I hafta do it from within
SUNOS...I am partitioning a 1 gig drive...which I threw into an external case
(I am going to make it internal and make the current internal hard drive
(with SUN OS on it) external and keep SunOS)
The standard SUNOS way of partitioning is sub-optimal...I mean really...
64 MB for / 128 swap...a little for "backup" and the rest in /usr
I supose it works...
I prefer (just for ease of use) to have just / and swap...I know it
maximizes the posiblity of loosing everything but...thats ok..
im gonna prolly do backups to my tape drive through the network anyway
thoughs? comments?

I know I need to partition under SUNOS but do I need to format under it too?
also...is anyone interested in making a debian-sparc web page? I noticed
one doesn't exist (AFAIK if im wrong I would be happy to stand corrected)
I would be happy to write one once I get my system working (I don't feel
qualified before that) and hopefully documenting some of this stuff
for everyone (to help new people get Linux on their Sun systems :) )

hmmm maybe even a debian-sparc logo? Take the debian logo...add a SUN logo
inside it (of course I know it would require getting permission from
SUN to use it...and thats probably not going to happen so...)
..hmm...maybe....oh well im no graphic artist... ill stick with getting
my IPC working for now
-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"