Re: Sparc status/my two cents

>  I've been meaning to have a look at it, I just haven't had the time yet.
>  The repeat delay does seem rather short (I counted about 0.2 s), and
>  as far as I can tell it's kernel related (though, as I said, I haven't
>  really had the time to look at it yet).

I don't have any problem with any of my sparcs, so I can't do useful testing.

I can tell you:
-The code you care about is in drivers/sbus/char/sunkbd.c
-The interesting values:
static int kbd_delay_ticks = HZ / 5;
static int kbd_rate_ticks = HZ / 20;
-The interesting code bits are in sunkbd_inchar and and keyboard_timer in
aforementioned file (and in the ioctl handler, which appears to correctly
handle ioctls to change keyboard rates

If someone with this problem has some time, try instrumenting the code with
printks and see what you can find out.

-D