Weitek Support?

	I'm trying a Debian installation again on an IPX with a Weitek
"Power up" chip.  I reinstalled Debian (I'd done this before a year
and a half ago) with the stock CPU in the machine without too much
trouble, though I had to dig up an old debian-sparc note about padding
tftpboot.img with 3 nulls to get the net boot to work, what's up with
that! ;).  I then popped the Weitek in.  No go.  All kinds of weird
errors, disk seeks, executables failing, etc.

	I've read reports on this list that suggest this configuration
should work these days.  What do I need to do to get this going?
Sorry if this is a FAQ, I can't seem to find much documentation.
Thanks...

--
Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.edu>  http://www.rap.ucar.edu/staff/tres/
Research Applications Program   National Center for Atmospheric Research