Re: libc6 (980414) problems

At 6:10 PM -0700 7/9/98, Steve Dunham wrote:
>I'd like to second this request.  I can't get Debian to run on my
>Sparc 20 with a 2.1.103 CVS kernel. (And the kernel that comes with it
>won't even boot.)  I suspect the problems are related to libc6
>(seemingly the only difference between Debian and UltraPenguin, which
>runs fine with that kernel).
>
>Symptoms:
>
>  "bash" segfaults after running any external command.
>  "dpkg-deb" aborts complaining about the input not being in gzip format

On powerpc, we have traced this last one to an interaction between late
glibc 2.1 snapshots, and late 2.1 kernels, this has also been shown to
affect i386 as well.
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker    Debian GNU/Linux Developer    <mailto:jk@espy.org>
<http://www.espy.org/>                          <ftp://ftp.espy.org/pub/>