Re: Running Solaris Binaries

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Stephen Zander wrote:

> I think, but I don't know, that you need ibcs for Solaris (though not
> for SunOS 4.1).  However, I am sure that you need /usr/lib/ld.so.1
> (the Solaris equivalent of /lib/ld-linux.so.2). Is that installed?

Yes, ld.so.1 and iBCS are installed.

In vain, I've duplicated the entire /usr/lib/ directory without luck.

Are there any files in solaris which are the equivalent of
ld.so.cache? Maybe my problem is here...

I have managed to get sunos emulation up and running without any
problems. I now have a nice SunOS-based Real Video server up and running
:-).

I guess I'd like to try to use solaris binaries instead, since Solaris
binaries are more common than the SunOS stuff.

> --
> Stephen
> ---
> all coders are created equal; that they are endowed with certain
> unalienable rights, of these are beer, net connectivity, and the
> pursuit of bugfixes...  - Gregory R Block
>

> --

| Michael Iverson                             (Iverson.8@osu.edu) |
| University Technology Services, the Ohio State University       |
| Department of Electrical Engineering, the Ohio State University |
| http://reflector.uts.ohio-state.edu/~ivy/                       |