Running Solaris Binaries

Well, I've managed to get Debian running on a sparc for the first time.

A round of thanks to those who have put so much time and effort into
this distribution.

Not content with this first feat, I am now attempting to execute solaris
binaries on my sparc.

I downloaded the iBCS package, which failed to compile.

I then retried with the original sources. After minor tweaking of the
"#includes" and makefiles, I managed to get iBCS to compile.

However, I could not install the module into the kernel. After the
usual round of "depmod -a", the module complained of one unresolved
symbol: do_sigsuspend. looking at the system map, and doing an "nm" on the
module, I've concluded that this symbol is in both the kernel and the
module.

Any ideas?

Trying to push things, I removed the two references to do_sigsuspend from
the module. It then compiled cleanly, and I was able to install it.
The logs files state something like "iBCS module registered at 0x30".

I made the necessary devices in /dev/, and put the appropriate libraries
in /usr/gnemul/usr/lib/, and tried to execute a simple solaris binary
(compress) (the file is executable). All I get is:

lambic# ./compress
bash: ./compress: No such file or directory

Where have I gone wrong?

The following libraries have been installed:

lambic# ls /usr/gnemul/solaris/usr/lib/
libc.so          libc2.so         libc2stubs.so    libdl.so
libintl.so       libw.so          ld.so
libc.so.1        libc2.so.1       libc2stubs.so.1  libdl.so.1
libintl.so.1     libw.so.1

Mike

| Michael Iverson                             (Iverson.8@osu.edu) |
| University Technology Services, the Ohio State University       |
| Department of Electrical Engineering, the Ohio State University |
| http://reflector.uts.ohio-state.edu/~ivy/                       |