Re: xbase

> Xsun does (unfortunately) not know about gzipped fonts. The easy fix

Off hand, why not?  It's just a config option, and you've got zlib...
(Remember, gzipped fonts aren't debian specific -- I contributed them
to the X consortium first, and they did go out in normal X11R6
releases.)

> is to set up a local X font server (xfs), and start Xsun with

Umm, no, won't xfs just send the gzip'ed fonts over, or did that get
fixed?  (This was a problem I had when I wrote the code in the first
place - Xnest couldn't test them and xfs didn't help...)

Just curious (I haven't tried the server yet myself; in fact, I turned
over X package developement to someone else, though I'm still
advising...)
			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens