Re: Latest libc6?

Michael Shuey <shuey@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

> 5) miscompiled packages:
> 		Someone (who is a registered Debian developer) needs to go
> 		back an recompile anything that has IO symbol problems with
> 		the latest libc6.  Currently I don't think people are working
> 		on this.
> 7) missing packages:
> 		Someone (again, a registered Debian developer) should go
> 		through the hamm source tree compiling stuff that isn't already
> 		built for sparc.  There will be some errors and package
> 		maintainers will have to be contacted.  Work on this seems to
> 		have dropped off.

I would like to help with these.  What is the procedure?  Ie, how do
the numbers on sparc get changed?  Should the maintainer field be
updated?  Are changes files to be generated?  Does dupload handle
things for recompilation for another platform without uploading source
properly?  Etc, ETc...

We need a FAQ for this :-)

> If you can do work on any of the areas above I'm sure the Debian Sparc team
> would love to have you.  If not, you can still test all the packages currently
> available and help find bugs.  Hopefully, this (rather long, sorry about that)
> email answers all your questions; if you have more, post them.
>
> --
> Mike "No .sig for you" Shuey
>

> --

John Goerzen             | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming       | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org    | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.