Re: SILO

[From a private discussion about silo]

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
 > > I wasn't able to compile it.
 > > One problem appears when compiling second/main.c
 > >
 > > PAGE_MASK not defined; I simply add a #include <asm/page.h>
 >
 > This is not a bug in SILO. I bet you either have completely braindamaged
 > glibc headers or kernel headers.

Yes, I really think that I have a messed up system. Anyway, I have
installed the latest version of glibc and kernel-headers.
I have also done, a fresh install, but the problem remains.

 > I think it is not the right way to fix bugs in
 > other places than the sources they are in. I never use PAGE_MASK in SILO, so
 > I don't see why we should include it.
 > Actually, what kernel headers are you using? If it is because some kernel
 > header forgets to include <asm/page.h>, then it is a bug in kernel headers.
 > But as far as I remember, this was fixed in kernel headers a long time ago.

I use kernel-headers-2.0.33

 > > Then it fails compiling second/file.h, because
 > > /usr/include/linux/ufs_fs.h
 > >
 > > field `ui_atime' has incomplete type
 > >
 > > it is true also for ui_mtime, ui_ctime
 >
 > As what is that defined? In my headers (2.1.89) it is defined as
 > ufs_timeval, which is perfectly defined

it is defined as timeval, and not ufs_timeval

timeval is defined in time.h

ciao
--
Davide Barbieri - paci@pluto.linux.it - paci@debian.org