Re: xbase

>I don't have enough disk space for a development env so for now I can
>only report...
>
>$ /usr/X11R6/bin/Xsun
>(using VT number 7)
>
>Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
>failed to set default font path '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/'
>Fatal server error:
>could not open default font 'fixed'
>
>Any ideas?

Xsun does (unfortunately) not know about gzipped fonts. The easy fix
is to set up a local X font server (xfs), and start Xsun with
'-fp tcp/localhost:7100'

>These are the packages currently installed.
>ii  xslibg          3.3.1-2.2      Statically linked versions of the libraries

You don't need xslibg if you're not doing any development (and hardly
even if you are). It's only use is to create statically linked X
clients.

>While traking down the first error I noticed that
>xkbcomp xkbprint  xkbvleds  xkbwatch all Segmentation fault.

They may need to be recompiled with the new libc... Do you get any
messages about changed or undefined symbols?

>And one last thing related to getting the X server working; what
>replaces xbase-configure for sparc?    Is it needed?

Nothing. Xsun knows how to figure out all the things that can change
on a sparc on demand (including keyboard layout, as long as you want
the one that matches the keyboard). Though it would be nice if there
was someplace one could keep the font path...

/Anders
Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40