Re: Can I update the sparc glibc?

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 02:46:57PM -0500, Chris Trainor wrote:
> hmmm, this is weird.  Since I upgraded to your set of glibc, I can't seem
> to run Dselect anymore. :)   (and dpkg gives me a bunch of errors too).
>
> I can't get into the 'select' section of Dselect, and 'update' generates
> errors,  but seems to chug along.
>
> here they are:
>
> -- while running dpkg --
>
> atlantia:/gatekeeper/home/ftp/Debian/dists/potato/main/binary-sparc/base#
> dpkg -i dpkg_1.4.0.31.deb
> (Reading database ... 27744 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace dpkg 1.4.0.31 (using dpkg_1.4.0.31.deb) ...
> error un-catching signal Quit: Success
> error un-catching signal Interrupt: Success
> error un-catching signal Quit: Success
> error un-catching signal Interrupt: Success
> Unpacking replacement dpkg ...
> Setting up dpkg (1.4.0.31) ...
> error un-catching signal Quit: Success
> error un-catching signal Interrupt: Success
>
> Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
>

> ---
>
> -- after selecting 'UPdate' from dselect --
>
> error un-catching signal 3: Success
> error un-catching signal 2: Success
> Getting Packages files...(stop with ^C)
>
> Connecting to gatekeeper.macross.com...
> Login as christr...
> Setting transfer mode to binary...
> Cd to `../ftp/Debian'...
>
> Checking for Packages file... dists/potato/main/binary-sparc/Packages.gz
>  Already up-to-date; skipping.
>
> Checking for Packages file...
> dists/potato/contrib/binary-sparc/Packages.gz
>  Already up-to-date; skipping.
>
> Checking for Packages file...
> dists/potato/non-free/binary-sparc/Packages.gz
>  Already up-to-date; skipping.
> No Packages files was updated.
> error un-catching signal 3: Success
> error un-catching signal 2: Success
>
> ---
>
> -- After running 'select'  from Dselect --
>

> dselect: failed to set new SIGWINCH sigact: Success
> dselect: error while cleaning up:
>  failed to restore old SIGWINCH sigact: Success
> atlantia:~#
>
> << dies here >>
>
> ---
>

> Anyway, any help would be appriciated. :)

sigaction is broken in the new glibc2.1. I know this kind of error
because I had to track it down. I don't know how it happened but it
seems that the sparc-sigaction patch didn't apply correctly. Although
there wasn't an error sigaction returns -1. That's why you see
Error: Success

Steve, could you check what's the problem with the sigaction patch ?

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de