boot disks progress... complement

Well, nfsroot installation is working :-))

I'm now testing the serial console install but I experience some troubles with
serial devices under Linux:
the kernel (2.0.35) is using /dev/cua0 as serial device, but Debian recommends
to use /dev/ttyS0.  I remember I fixed this in the 2.0.33 I used as base of my
previous bootdisks to be able to refer to ttyS0 all the time (it is somewhere
in the sparc setup kernel code).
I can cope with the standard settings of the kernel by using cua0 at
installation time, especially symlinking /dev/console to cua0, then switching
to ttyS0 for the getty entry in inittab after the system was configured.  In
fact, the getty process spawn by init can use ttyS0.
Nevertheless, I should leave /dev/console to point to cua0, even if init is
using ttyS0, otherwise boot messages will never be displayed until the login
prompt :-(

In 2.1 kernel, /dev/console is managed directly by the kernel itself, so there
is no need to set up such symlink.  But I'm waiting for a 2.1.125 or newer debian
package compiled with NFSROOT, BOOTP & RARP options to do more tests (thanks
in advance Christian).

For 2.0, could I leave the /dev/console -> cua0 link, or should the kernel be
fixed to use ttySx devices instead ?

PS: due to this problem, I will delay the release of bootdisks for few days.

PPS: actually there is no way to enable swap on diskless workstation.  I
   remember I heard a long time ago about swap-on-nfs patch for linux.  Is it
   still available somewhere ?  Could it be integrated in the debian kernel ?