Re: The time has come (part II) ...

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 10:12:30PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:

> Oh.  So *that's* the famous sun4c slowdown.
>
> I noticed that too, when I installed my machine.  I just assumed that my
> disks were slow :-)
>
> I've never really noticed the slowdown when the machine's in use, but I use
> it very lightly.

Doing disk intensive things is when i noticed it most (large files, fsck,
mke2fs, etc), but I also noticed it slightly after the memory had been
filled up with cache like after updatedb runs or compiling large programs.
2.1.x has made my system far more useful :)

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org