Re: current binary-sparc status

Ben Collins <bmc@visi.net> writes:

> I just have to say I am extremely impressed at the speed that Chris is
> pumping out the sparc binary packages.

> Question, if the sparc release is now aiming at making slink shouldn't
> there be a split for slink/potato? This might avoid any confusion on what
> distribution the binaries are based on.

A new base package would be nice.  The current one requires a lot of
manual intervention on installation.  (The kernel causes all hell to
break loose when libc is installed, and there is are circular dependencies
which keep libc6 and sysvinit from being fully installed without "--force".)

(It would be nice to get apt in the base too.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu