RE: The time has come ...

--On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 11:25 am -0600 "Brian H. Dunford-Shore"
<brian@gpc.ibc.wustl.edu> wrote:

> This seems like it is a bug that has been discussed on the
> sparclinux@vger.rutgers.edu mailing list:
>
> On Tuesday, November 03, 1998 9:56 PM, Anton Blanchard
> [SMTP:anton@progsoc.uts.edu.au] wrote:
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> > I have a different, but possibly related problem.  My system freezes
>> > when X tries to shut down or is killed.  It works properly, with
>> > 2.1.125/2.1.126 UP (or even two processors) or with 2.0.35 UP.
> Anyone
>> > else with more than two processors seeing something like this?
>>
>> Can you ping it when this happens? I'll look at getting bwtwo+X
> happening and
>> then see if I can reproduce your problem.
>>
>> If anyone else is having sparc32 SMP problems, could they email me the
> details?

I do read sparclinux.

I agree that my problem does seem similar in symptoms.  However, I doubt it
is the same, since the person quoted above says that he sees no problem when
in UP or 2P mode.  I'm definitely running in UP mode.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |