Re: Gathering opinions: Freeze ?

--On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 7:05 pm +0100 "Christian Meder"
<meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

>> Also, it's actually heading for an unstable (potato) target in any
case....

> Please refrain from uploading potato stuff until we reached a conclusion.
All
> my uploads up to now are in sync with frozen i386.

I will upload nothing :-)

>> My inclination is not to release, since I don't think we're ready.
However,
>> that's partly influenced by the fact that I have a very good net
connection,
>> so I don't feel the need for CDs.  (indeed, I don't have a CD-ROM drive
>> anyway :-)
>
> My problem with not releasing is the continous dragging along without
getting
> a stable codebase once. We could need more exposure and manpower ;-)

Yes.  But we need more manpower to get stable.  We can't pretend we are
stable, as a way of attracting manpower...

However, if you think a freeze would be good, and you are prepared to work
towards one, then I'm prepared to help you, certainly.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Debian GNU/Linux - "Microsoft *does* have a year 2000 problem -     |
|                      and we're it!" (paraphrased from IRC)           |