Re: The time has come ...

--On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 8:53 am -0800 lim@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU wrote:

> Volkmar Sieh writes:
>>> Where can I get this corresponding sparc_patch?
>
> Jules Bean writes:
>> Wait for it to appear on your local debian mirror...
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't yet found appropriate packages
> (kernel-image-2.1.125 or kernel-patch-2.1.125 were my guesses, but I
> looked for anything with kernel in the name or 2.1.125 anywhere) on my
> favorite mirrors, nor in searching
>
> 	ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-sparc/Packages.gz
>
> I did, however, find xlib6g-3.3.2.3a-8.1 which I thought was announced
> subsequently, so maybe I'm confused about something.

Nope.  You're quite correct.

The thing is, the xlib packages, and the glibc packages, are simply
upgrades.  So they are auto-processed by our archive maintainance program,
dinstall.  The 125 kernel, and the kernel packages, are new packages, which
mean they need to be manually installed.

Developers can snarf them from master.. (which is how come some of us have
them...)

Actually, I'm seeing problems now...  'halt' and 'shutdown -h' both appear
to terminate more or less instantly, without changing run-level probably..

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |