Re: The time has come ...

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 02:23:02PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:

> My understanding is you need the corresponding sparc_patch package as well,
> to get the right kernel image.

As a side note, I have compiled 2.1.128 from clean source (straight from
ftp.kernel.org) on a SS1. I have the same problems with the serial console
as some one else did on 125 but ALL of the IO performance has more than
doubled! Tape backups of the full system that use to take an hour now take
15 minutes, network speeds on the local lan have gone from 40k/sec to
110k/sec (hey it's only a SS1 :), and the ever creeping slow down after
some uptime is gone.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon for the serial console or it will be
fixed in 129, but for now I just removed the printk that was sending the
message :/

Also, I compiled the xfree86 packages under the new libc6 2.0.100. I had
to hack around some with a few things so I'm not gonna upload them to
Incoming, but I will make them available in my home directory on master
sometime today for those that want X.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org