Re: APT for sid

--On Sat, Nov 7, 1998 12:09 pm +0530 "Sanjeev Gupta"
<ghane@arjun.eurolink.stpn.soft.net> wrote:

> Sorry, my question was improperly phrased.  Is there an apt for sid?  And
> if so, where?

Is there not one in the archive (it would be section admin)?

If not, compile it yourself - that's what I did.  Download the latest APT
source package from dists/frozen/source/admin/apt*.  If you haven't built a
debian package before, the basic pattern is dpkg-source -x <package>.dsc, cd
into the newly unpacked directory, and debian/rules binary.

Then dpkg -i the deb which has been created.

Expect the number of good quality packages in sid to increase when we have
the new glibc, meaning that I can compile things more easily without
segfaults...

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Debian GNU/Linux - "Microsoft *does* have a year 2000 problem -     |
|                      and we're it!" (paraphrased from IRC)           |