SILO problem

Jeffrey Ebert writes:
 > I have a headless Sparc2, and I have succeeded in getting Debian running
 > on it. My problem is that the silo doesn't want to boot automatically.
 > It just sits there forever waiting for me to press the enter key. I
 > don't want to open the serial console every time I turn it on. I have
 > set the timeout to 0, removed the timeout line, tried various things
 > with the default= line, but nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Well I got the same problem and I have reported long ago without
getting any answers. But putting timeout=0 works for me (albeit that
this excludes dual boot). Here is my silo.conf file:

partition=1
root=/dev/sda1
#timeout=100
timeout=0
image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
read-only

PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble cedex (France)   | Fax: +33 4 76 63 12 63