SCSI Problems on IPX

	I've managed to get my system to start a netboot from my i586 Linux
box.  After quite a bit of downloading, the kernel attempts to boot, but
once it unpacks the root filesystem, I get scrolling SCSI errors forever.
I've heard (from some redhat [boo, hiss] newsgroups) that this is caused
by a bug in the SCSI driver that occurs on some systems with kernels
compiled with egcs.  Anyone out there have this problem, a fix, or a
workaround?