Re: Is it me, or are the disks not cool? (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Eric Delaunay -----

>> I get the same thing on my IPX, but if I take the same disks and try them
>> in an older Sparc 1 or 1+ they work just fine. Could this be a ROM version
>> thing? I'm sure the ROM versions in the 1/1+ is 1.x_something but the IPX
>> is 2.4. I have no trouble booting a rescue disk set on the IPX with serial
>> console which I downloaded from vger some weeks ago...

> Is the SILO code put on the disk dependent of the PROM version ?
> I created the boot disk on a SparcClassic.  It also works well on Sparc2.

I assume so. I recall RedHat 4.0 Sparc had two different boot floppy
images, one for 1.x and another for 2.x and up PROM's...

I'll try the rescue disk I got from vger which boots fine on the IPX on
a few other machines and let you know if that works.