Re: Running Solaris Binaries

This is what ldd compress tells me:

libintl.so.1
libc.so.1
libw.so.1
libdl.so.1

I downloaded all of these.

Are there any other files other than the above listed shared libraries
that I need from solaris? (I listed all that I have downloaded in my

I'm not a solaris expert. Most of my experience has been with
IRIX and Linux.

Hence my intense desire to use Linux instead of Solaris :-)

Mike

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Stephen Zander wrote:

>     Michael> I made the necessary devices in /dev/, and put the
>     Michael> appropriate libraries in /usr/gnemul/usr/lib/, and tried
>     Michael> to execute a simple solaris binary (compress) (the file
>     Michael> is executable). All I get is:
>
>     Michael> lambic# ./compress
>     Micheal> bash: ./compress: No such file or directory
>
> What does 'ldd ./compress' show?
>
> --
> Stephen
> ---
> all coders are created equal; that they are endowed with certain
> unalienable rights, of these are beer, net connectivity, and the
> pursuit of bugfixes...  - Gregory R Block

| Michael Iverson                             (Iverson.8@osu.edu) |
| University Technology Services, the Ohio State University       |
| Department of Electrical Engineering, the Ohio State University |
| http://reflector.uts.ohio-state.edu/~ivy/                       |