Netra I5 (headless box)

A while ago I posted a message about not being able to use the Debian
install disks on my I5 because I have no "real" tty ... the console is a
serial terminal.  Someone (Eric Delaunay iirc) said this was due to some
problems with init wanting to open a non-serial tty ... I don't have the
email in front of me but I can remember appreciating the problem :)

Question:  am I SOL running Linux on the I5 until init is patched?  or
are there ways around this?  I'll install another distro and hack it
back to Debian if I have to ...

If I need to sit back and be patient, let me know ... I'm just looking
for something non-work related to occupy some time.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104