Re: inital install & fdisk

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
> Even if the msdos fs is compiled into the kernel, the installation will fail
> because resc1440.bin have to be mounted through the loop service and this one
> fails if the image to mount is on nfs partition.

Oh, joy... Well, I'm past that point anyway (wonderful what just ignoring
a problem can do :))

Clearly, though, the basic install process for debian/sparc has some flaws.
Does someone own this process, are we waiting for the new bootdisks Bruce
and others were building, or am I about to volunteer to fix things... :)

BTW, why is there no kernel-image package for debina/sparc?

--
Stephen
---