Status of the new glibc

	I've (finally) managed to fix the problems with the new glibc;
I'm testing it, and I'll upload it in one or two days...

	However:  almost *all* of our binaries will have to be
recompiled.

	Some vital structures have changed and all the programs
segfaulted, but I managed to add a work-around in ld.so; however, I
don't know if that will fix the problem with all the executables, so a
warning is displayed when a binary compiled with the old libc is
executed, this way:

$ echo Hello, world.
echo: WARNING: linked with old glibc-2.0.90. Workaround enabled
echo: Symbol `_IO_2_1_stdin_' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Hello, world.
$ _

	I've seen that some of you have uploaded *many* sparc
packages; that's a pity, because all of them will have to be uploaded
again (and most of them will need a non-maintainer version).

	I have mailed Ulrich to know if this will happen again with
the glibc.

--
Juan Cespedes