Re: New glibc

As I posted earlier:

> a major bug in libc6-dev (linux/socket.h and
> bits/socket.h have *totally conflicting* definitions of SOCK_*, MSG_*,
> and structs sockaddr, msghdr, and at least one other.  The definitions
> are an enum in bits/socket.h but #defines in linux/socket.h... and
> funny, the C compiler doesn't like enum { 1 = 1; } very much :-)

My fix was to edit linux/socket.h, put in an #if 0 right after the
include <linux/uio.h>, and an #endif right after the #define
MSG_PROXY.  That's sufficient to allow a number of network programs to
actually build.  I suspect, but have not confirmed, that you can ditch
the SOL_* defines (since they're in bits/in.h) and the IP_TOS defines
(same place); TCP_NODELAY is in netinet/tcp.h.  Looks like SOPRI_*
haven't shown up anywhere else yet, so I guess you can't completely
ditch the file, though.