Re: pb compiling with gcc-2.7.2.3-3

Problem is, some programs are hard to change like that (some stuff in
tetex-bin, for example, does that initialization for an extern in a
library, so there isn't a main() into which to move the
initialization...)

Note, also, that as far as I can tell from the X build, the *only*
platform ever to have this problem is LynxOS, and that was about as
marginal a Unix you could get (it's a realtime unix, just this side of
the unix vs. realtime line from vxworks...)  Even if there isn't a
standard to back me up [if there is, then this is a bug, plain and
simple] I'd still argue that it should be fixed since it's going to
break so much code [as we've learned on this project...]