dpkg ... 1.4.0.20?

I've put sparc dpkg on ftp1.us.debian.org but haven't uploaded it
because, on my system, dselect doesn't seem to work properly.  Like
some other ncurses3.4 stuff I've tried, it seems you sometimes have to
hit enter twice to get the keyboard input to the program.  The program
then receives two enters, which is often not what you wanted.

BTW, if you're interested in building it, merely stealing HTML files
from a existing binary package doesn't work.  You need to actually
build the doc dir on a system which has nsgmls, sgmlsasp, dvips,
debiandoc2html, and debiandoc2ps, and copy over a ton of intermediate
files which aren't in the final package.

That, or edit the dpkg Makefile system, which is an unholy combination
of automake, autoconf, gettext, and libtool.  And dpkg comes
maintainer-clean, too, not merely clean.

Have fun.  ;-)

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __        "netgod"     irc.debian.org          mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      Those who do not understand UNIX       mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\     are doomed to repeat it, poorly.       GO BLUE