Re: ld

Alexey Pialkin wrote:
> P.S. btw,i'v solved my problems with ld - i created a cross-compiler on i386
>      and compile with it binutils. I'v got rather big versions(static) but
>      the most importnat is that they are _working_ !!!. At least i was able
>      to link my hello.c program :) Today i will try to crosscompile gcc(yes
>      i am getting sig11 on big programs too :( and then to compile libc6 and
>      recompile gcc & binutils on sparc.
> P.P.S. i'v uploaded my versions of binutuls on lix.polytechnique.fr. Check
>      them :) They are not in .deb but they are not complete - just to help
>      someone who is expirencing the same troubles,

I just tried to llok in the core file generated by gcc.
In effect it doesn't come from gcc but as:

$ gdb as core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (sparc-unknown-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `as -Qy -s -o hello.o /tmp/cca04046.s'.
Couldn't read input and local registers from core file
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: I/O error

Couldn't read input and local registers from core file
#0  0x5006f7cc in ?? () from /usr/lib/libbfd.so.2.8.1.0.15

I'm willing to replace my as with the one from your binutils but can find it in
the archive.
Did you forget to put it in?