Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Alexey Pialkin wrote:

>  Yesteday i'v installed Debian on my lovely SPARC Classic and during
> installation i have a bunch of problems :
>
> 	0) fdisk
> 	1) /dev/nfs
> 	2) /dev/loop & MSDOS fs
>
> Yes,these problems are well known(& known for a long time), so may be it shoud
> be fixed in standard distribution ?

	Before fixing things as the booting phase, we need a working
libc6... and it's not easy!  But I hope I will have a modern one
working in one week or so.

> Now about packages. First of all - where shoud i get a most recently version
> of them ? As far I undestand this place is not ftp.debian.org :) just because
>  i'v got some packages from it depending on libc6 and no libc6 at all :)).

	Try `ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/Linux/debian/sparc'.

> The second - what are needing/whanting packages ? I am ready to take care
> about some of them..

	Well, all of them :)  The best thing would be to start with
the required packages, then the important ones, and so on...

	Thanks for your interest in Debian/Sparc!

--
Juan Cespedes