Re: new packages...

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Eric Delaunay wrote:

> I have an account but no pgp key.  I currently do unsigned uploads because I
> didn't installed pgp on my sparc-linux workstation from where I upload
> packages.

	Hmmm... I'm afraid you will need a pgp-key.  All unsigned
uploads are rejected from master.

	You can use `pgp' in master.debian.org, assuming you use `ssh'
to connect there (for security reasons).

	Alternatively, someone else can sign your packages...

> > $ nm --dynamic /lib/libm.so.6 | head
> >          U .div
> >          U .rem
> >          U .umul
> > 00000000 A GLIBC_2.0
> >
> > 	At least the two first symbols shouldn't be here, AFAIK.  This
> > could cause many problems...
>
> Hmm, these symbols are tagged ``U'', ie. undefined.  There are only external
> refs.  No problem at all.

	Yes, but I can't find where are these symbols defined.  If
they are not defined elsewhere, then this is a bug.  Some function
inside libm won't be able to resolve that symbol and will probably
segfault.

> I'm working on ncurses again.

	IIRC, ncurses needs libg++ to compile, but there isn't any
working version.  Am I wrong?

--
Juan Cespedes