possible bug in sparc libc6-dev

I think this is the right place to post this; I'm only beginning to work on
some porting to the sparc.

While compiling some packages for the sparc (a recent fileutils and
bsdgames), I came upon this error:

phantglobs.h:67: macro `strcpy' used without args
phantglobs.h:68: macro `strncpy' used without args
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1

What this looks like in the .h file is a function prototype:

extern  char    *strcpy();
extern  char    *strncpy();

The problem is, /usr/include/bits/string2.h has some macros in it for strcpy
and strncpy. The function prototypes get expanded into the macros, which was
never intended to happen.

Fixes for this include -

1 commenting out the function prototypes (shouldn't hurt anything), but will
  probably impact a fair number of packages.
2 compiling without -O2, which disables the macros.
3 fixing the include files somehow (one way is to just remove the macros, of
  course, but that may slow things down, they appear to be optimized).

I guess option 3 is best, if it's doable.

--
see shy jo