Re: it works? it's impossible ;-)

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Davide Barbieri wrote:

> 	after resolving the as problem (thanks Juan) installing
> binutils from master, I see no more problems.
>
> Even tar works well ... I haven't yet tried all combinations of options,
> but tar -zxvf and tar -zcvf, at least, work.

	Which version of `tar' are you using? Have you tried using it
with many arguments?

cespedes@groucho:~$ tar a b c d e
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
cespedes@groucho:~$ dpkg -l tar libc6 ldso
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  tar             1.12-2         GNU tar
ii  libc6           2.0.90-970928- The GNU C library version 2 (run-time files)
ii  ldso            1.9.2-1        The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit

--
Juan Cespedes