Install problem with a serial console

Hi everybody,

I'd like to install Debian/SPARC on my SPARCstation 2 (12Mb RAM,
without screen nor keyboard, just a serial console).
I've downloaded from lix.polytechnique.fr (from directory
disks-sparc/current)
 - root.tgz
 - vmlinux-2.0.29
 - fdisk
I've set up rarpd, tftpd and nfsd correctly (I hope :-) on my server
(Debian/i386)). I've created /dev/nfs as Eric wrote and I also add fdisk
in .../sbin.

Now, I'd like to be able to install Debian !

With the command "boot net", it gets the kernel, starts it and stops at
:
> Root-NFS: Got file handle for /tftpboot/10.0.0.3 via RPC
> VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 36k code, 4k data

With "boot net tty1=off tty2=off console=/dev/ttyS0", the SPARC gets
the kernel, wait a little and stops with :
> Watchdog reset
> Data Access Exception
> ok

Do you have any suggestion ?

Some day, Eric asks how he can see if there is no screen and if he
has to go to a serial console. In the booting sequence, I see
> zs0: console I/O
and
> keyboard: not present
The algorithm used by Sun is to make a serial console whenever the SPARC
don't see the keyboard, whatever are the values of output-device and
input-device in the openprom.

--
Bertrand Leconte
B.Leconte@mail.dotcom.fr