Re: Install Suggestion.

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> Can I make the suggestion that when debian sparc linux becomes available
> it is able to be installed with only a serial console...
>
> Redhat suffers somewhat from the requirement of a console to install.
> Quite a number of sparcs are shipped headless.
> Also they do not always have a floppy.

Redhat 4.x/SPARC supports serial console installs. You can even hit Ctrl-Z
to drop to a shell prompt. Don't go near it under 4.0. Under 4.1, enter
"linux serial foo" at the SILO prompt and before the install exits drop to
a shell and edit /etc/inittab to have a getty run on ttyS0. Under 4.2,
enter "linux serial" at the SILO prompt and the install program should
take care of the rest.

Tom