Re: Where's make?

Steve Byrne wrote:
> simon mackinlay writes:
>  > >
>  > > Given that it's almost impossible to do any work
>  > > on debian-sparc without these packages, perhaps we
>  > > need a centralised site and mirrors for these packages,
>  > > and also to update pointers on the debian-sparc web
>  > > site to indicate the location of such?
>
> Hear, hear.  This *enables* more people to help with porting and packaging.
> This is a good thing.  Even if it's not the "one true way", if it's good enough
> for now, then it's worth doing.  It also relieves some of the pressure to get
> libc6 ready and repackage everything with that.

Ok, so you can upload each package that still use libc5 to Debian master's
site.  No problem.
Actually, for packages that are linked with libc6 in other ports, I guess you
can upload an older revision.  This is what I've just done for make:  3.75-6
is for libc6 but I just uploaded a 3.75-4 I took from bo.

So which other packages are needed as base for Debian development?
I can help to package some tools: my system is hybrid from Debian/RedHat so I
can run most of the tools needed to create Debian packages.
So post a list here, please.

Regards.