Re: I'm here, finally...

In article <199611280220.VAA23189@redhat.com> you wrote:
:
: Wow.  Hope you don't plan on building X there.  :-)

Hey!  It's at least as fast running compiles as my Microvax II...  :-)

Actually, all I want to do is get an installable Debian base system built,
with the usual development tools... my hope is that if that much is done, some
set of folks with faster Sparc boxes they actually care about having running
will get excited and pick up the effort...

: You Debian folks are welcomed to subscribe there...send a "subscribe" to
: sparc-list-request@redhat.com.

Thanks for the pointer.

: At a *minimum*, you should all be on sparclinux@vger.rutgers.edu.

Another good pointer.

: The SPARC kernel is basically not part of the main 2.0 source tree in any
: respect whatsoever.

I hadn't realized that.  Thanks for the recalibration.

I've gotten some more stuff built in the last couple of hours.  I'll put it
all on master sometime tonight, then post another note.

Bdale