Re: mirror von 1.0/1.1 auf uni-mainz

> Hi!
> how about the mirror of 1.0/1.1 on uni-mainz? since the sources
> are again readable on ftp.debian.org, i think at least uni-mainz.de
> should mirror them again, as this is the main server for the ports
> to sparc and m68k (AFAIK).
     ^^^^^
Make that Alpha, the Sparc dirs are unused, but the Debian/Sparc crew
is invited to use ftp.uni-mainz.de if they need to.

The situation here is, that we do _NOT_ mirror Debian but the official
german mirror at TU Dresden: We have coordinated our mirrors so that
our starts when theirs has completed and that JoGU Mainz is not counted
as Anonymous-FTP request. Thus we avoid redundant transatlantic transfers.

I will contact the admin of TU Dresden on Monday and talk to him about
inclusion of the ALPHA directories. If he does not want to include them,
then i will setup a separate mirror.

If the ALPHA software is not visible on the JoGU Mainz at the end of next
week, then feel free to kick me ... ;-)

Cheers,
  Dominik

BTW. If you have suggestions to make about the FTP-Server, please don't
     bother the list and send them directly to: linux@FTP.Uni-Mainz.DE

eMail: Dominik.Kubla@Uni-Mainz.DE
sMail: Dominik Kubla, Lannerstrasse 53, D-55270 Ober-Olm, European Union
PGP key: http://www.uni-mainz.de/~kubla/pgp.asc
WLAF W3-site: http://www.uni-mainz.de/~kubla/WLAF/Welcome.html