[NOTICE] libc6 problems (Re: libc and other things)

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 11:38:56AM +0200, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> May I suggest that we introduce a package named libc60 that could be
> left installed to ease downgrading when/if we have problems with the
> newest libc?

That's just not possible...been thought of, and there is no real
solution. I suggest for people testing _unstable_ to seriously consider
installing sash (a static compiled shell) and always keep .debs around
of a working libc6.

Hate to say it folks, but this is unstable, and it can and will break at
any moment. So if your not prepared to take measures for fallback, or
you can't afford downtime on the system, stick with stable :)

So for the record, right now libc6 2.1.1-2 is broken for all sun4m
arch's in the unstable dist, so please don't upgrade to it, if you have
sun4m. Sun4[udc] are known to work perfectly fine.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation